Thursday, April 1, 2010

I've been...

de-braced!!!!  I am brace free and I LOVE IT!  Got them off yesterday and I can't believe how good it feel and looks pretty good if Ii don't say so myself.  I got my teeth cleaned this morning and had my molds done for bleaching trays.  I do have a filling that the dentist says is "leaking"...whatever that means :)  But the filling is an old silver one so it will now be white, which is cool.

It is so amazing to eat and not have to worry about having the pick food out of your braces. Though I still run my tongue over my teeth "checking", which I imagine I will do for while.  And I had gum for the first time in over 2 years...yum!

I have two sets of the Essix retainers and will get fitted for an upper Hawley retainer after I get back from Haiti.  I leave next Saturday for my first missions trip. So much happening this month!

I will post pictures over the weekend.

6 comments:

  1. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully I'll be right behind you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! That has got to be an exciting moment! Please post pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackie, I've stumbled onto this blog because my son is facing surgery to bring his lower jaw forward. I was thrilled to see your progress:) I am considering Dr. Whitman (we live in Orlando). I'm also considering Dr. Wenk. Did you know of any other patients that went to Whitman? Any help you can provide to me would be soooo appreciated!! See, my son will be a teen when he gets this surgery and it's so hard to find references out there. I'm glad I found site. Blessings to you and your family:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad that you found my blog. I was so grateful to find the blogs as well...really helped to prepare for the process.

    I have never heard of Dr. Wenk but I can totally testify to how AWESOME Dr. Whitman is. I followed a lot of blogs and even a friend who had the same surgery a couple months ago and I am so please with Dr. Whitman and his staff!

    They went above and beyond what I ever expected. Debbie in his office helped me for over a year to get my surgery approved through insurance. On the second night I was in the hospital I was having trouble with my bandage and texted him...next thing I knew he was at the hospital. He texted me multiple times and I could text him or call him. I NEVER have had a Dr.'s cell phone number before.

    I'm not sure what kind of information you are looking for but feel free to email me anytime!

    Good luck making your decision...keep me posted on how your son is doing.

    Blessing to you and your family too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm delighted to have read your blog. I'm happy to know that despite the pain of having braces, you'll finally enjoy its benefits. I have some porcelain veneers. Chicago-based dentists gave me less toothache and "pocket-ache" with it. I'm just happy that I don't need to have some braces for my teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Randy,

    What link are you looking for?

    ReplyDelete