Saturday, September 26, 2009

From one day to the next

Post op - Day 3 - Friday
I was so surprised that I slept so well Thursday night. Went to be at 10:00 and got up at 3 took my medicine and went right back to sleep. Woke up again at 8:30, more medicine and back to sleep till 10:00.  Took my shower, blowed dried my hair, was a little tired after all that but felt much better.  Had some breakfast and watched some TV.

It is true what they say that it is not so much pain as it is disomfort from the numbness and swelling.  I did really good with eating or should I say drinking :) I think I had about 1200 calories. It's amazing how easy it is to eat too many calories when you aren't trying to but when you want more calories, it's a whole lot harder.

Last night I went to be around 9 and it was not a good nights sleep, kept waking up, the swelling was really starting. I know the Dr. and all fellow bloggers have said that around Saturday is when the swelling and bruising starts to peak...so true.

Post op - Day 4 - Saturday
So needless to say it was a very restless sleep. Finally got up at 6:00 and for those who know me, know that NEVER happens :) Took my meds, drank an Ensure, got my ice and watched tv. I did fall back asleep ;)


I do have some pain in my lower jaw today, or just real soreness and I feel really puffy. I have to say it is not as bad as I imagined it would be. I think all the anxiety and time to think about it was the worse.

So today is Movie Day :) I'm going to lay around all day and watch movies! But first I'm going to check on my fellow bloggers :)  Will post my pictures too.

Here's to a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Matt! The last two nights and yesterday were pretty rough. I get up and help hubby here and there...I am surprised at how quickly I get tired. I really want a good nights sleep.

    ReplyDelete