Thursday, September 24, 2009

Mouth Cleaning - Difficult

Well I just experienced my first mush dinner off of a popsicle stick...not too good...guess I'll stick with the syringe for a week or so. Cleaning the mouth is the most hardest. The splint doesn't look very clean and all the wires...Hubby said that's how it looked after the Dr. cleaned it.

I must agree that the new alignment is wierd too.  I actually feel really good, just a litte tired. Trying to suck up all the calories I can so that my energy stays up.  I'm so glad to be home relaxing.

I'm open to tips and tricks for eating the first few days...should I just be putting everthing in liquid form and using the syringe. And to hear from anyone who is wearing the splint for all 6 weeks.

2 comments:

  1. I have the pleasure of wearing the splint for 5 weeks...uuuggghhh....I can't get the roof of my mouth clean! I'm glad you're feeling well and that the surgery went great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I can help you with this. I've been eating my Malt-O-Meal, applesauce, etc with a food syringe. I'm able to eat more with less effort. Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete