Thursday, September 24, 2009

Home Sweet Home!

Made it to the other side ;)  Thanks for the posts, prayers and support! 

Quick update as I am really groggy :)

Got to the hosptial at 5:30 taken back to my little room around 6:45, put on my beautiful gown and the nurses and the anestheiologist all came in and asked their 50 questions. Kissed my hubby good-bye and off for a ride I went. Don't really remember the operating room too much...just wished my Dr. a good day at work. The surgery lasted about 4 hours, I had my lower jaw moved forward, my chin moved down and a littly lypo on the neck...not that is some bad bruising.

Woke up in recovery, very out of it and nauseous.  Got annoyed with the nurse there because he couldn't understand my drug induced sign language. Wanted paper and he could find me any. Finally gave me some and some medicine for the nausea.  Got wheeled up to my room where my wonderful husband was already waiting.

Prety much just slept that night. Next day the 3 rounds of broth, juice and jello (who could eat jello...I even tried it in the syringe...but it was yucky) Had a few visitors and lots of sleep. Dr. came by both moring and night to check on me and gave my release orders for this morning. Got home at 9:00am, relaxed, slept and had a couple visitors.Went to Dr. at 1:15, took out bands, took x-rays and brushed my teeth...YEAH!

Now I'm going to eat and go to bed again. Will post pictures in a day or two.

Hope you all are doing well...will check out your blogs later!

Happy Sleeping ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment